October 16, 2010

Game's Development Timeline

Tonight I think I'll talk about key things that have happened since the game's creation, year by year.

Late 2007: 
  • Decided that a game is something I want to try making.
  • Taking core classes for my university major. 
  • MMOs (I was still into playing/modifying/translating MMOs back then.)
 2008: 
  • Lots of throwing around ideas and characters and settings to find a good combination.
  • Lots of playing around with how high quality or low quality the visuals can be. (characters and backgrounds)
  • Lots of playing all different types of games and reading lots of different types of stories.
  • Playing around with all kinds of game making programs.
  • Taking more core courses for my university major and interning. 
  • Translating & MMOs
2009:
  • Moving & Finding a job (most of my summer, fall, and winter was spent on this)
  • Working & dealing with work. (No one ever tells you how tired a new job will make you, even if it's not physically demanding.)
  • Working 2 jobs (I remember doing nothing but working and sleeping for most of the week back then).
  • JLPT1 cert (for a job that didn't pan out in the end :|)
2010: 
  • Lots of traveling around & working 2 jobs. (I quit one in the spring)
  • Now I'm finally used to my job. Time to find some way to spend my free time!

...and here we are today. :)
This was supposed to be a short project, but due to a lot of things it's been extended and has also become quite elaborate. Not that I mind, however.

While I'm making a casual post, I think I will also pimp a game I like:
 
It's a very cute game about a bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment